Thursday, August 13, 2009

Poker Perfect Storm

Ok - I'm a pretty good player - not the best in the world, but I can hold my own. This weekend it was like I was King Midas and everything I touched turned to gold. Play was softer than Santa's belly, which sure helped. I actually had a hand that went like this-

me - AK. I raise to $4 pre-flop and get 5 callers. Flop comes A-7-J. I bet, 2 callers. Turn is a 4. I bet, 1 caller. River is a 5. I bet, same one caller. He turns over 5-3. Really?! Thanks for your money.

Every table I bought in for $20, and every table I got up with $50+. By the end of the night, I was dancing as I had about $200. Davy was at $65 so we were about $158 ahead.

Meeting up with Dad, he lets us know he's over $300. I go to get ready for my Colicchio time with Anna (my stepmom). We get all dolled up and head for the pool at Harrah's.

The pool area is beautiful and there are booths everywhere with food, wine, desserts and drinks. After obtaining some Moet & Chandon, we get in line for some sort of beef dish. Got into a slight altercation with some line cutting Jersey Girls - but I took care of that - shoooot. :P We ate one of just about everything - from Lobster guacomole to steak tartar to sashimi to shrimp ceviche to Baileys Lattes. I probably gained 3 pounds and I was definitely drunk off my ass. Only bummer was that Colicchio never showed up. I was pretty pissed to be stood up - so of course I stalked him to the after party. I mean, I just happened to see him at the after party. Yeah....

No comments:

Post a Comment